Published Clinical Trials
These trials were identified by searching Medline from 1966 to April 2003 using the MESH heading 'IgA glomerulonephritis' and the publication type 'randomised controlled trial'. 31 trials were retrieved of which 17 were identifiable as randomised controlled trials.
If your trial is not listed, please don't be offended - simply contact us and we will add it to the list
Published Randomised Controlled Trials
- Shoji T. Nakanishi I. Suzuki A. Hayashi T. Togawa M. Okada N. Imai E. Hori M. Tsubakihara Y. Early treatment with corticosteroids ameliorates proteinuria, proliferative lesions, and mesangial phenotypic modulation in adult diffuse proliferative IgA nephropathy. American Journal of Kidney Diseases. 2000; 35:194-201 [abstract]
- Pozzi C, Bolasco PG, Fogazzi GB, Andrulli S, Altieri P, Ponticelli C, Locatelli F. Corticosteroids in IgA nephropathy: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 1999 Mar 13;353(9156):883-7 [abstract]
- Julian BA. Barker C. Alternate-day prednisone therapy in IgA nephropathy. Preliminary analysis of a prospective, randomized, controlled trial. Contributions to Nephrology 1993 104:198-206
- Lai KN. Lai FM. Ho CP. Chan KW. Corticosteroid therapy in IgA nephropathy with nephrotic syndrome: a long-term controlled trial. Clinical Nephrology 1986; 26:174-80 [abstract]
- Donadio JV, Larson TS, Bergstralh EM, Grande JP and the Mayo Nephrology Collaborative Group. A randomized trial of high-dose compared with low-dose omega-3 fatty acids in severe IgA nephropathy. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2001; 12: 791-799 [abstract]
- Donadio JV, Grande JP, Bergstralh EJ, Dart RA, Larson TS, Spencer DC. The long-term outcome of patients with IgA nephropathy treated with fish oil in a controlled trial. Mayo Nephrology Collaborative Group. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 1999; 10: 1772-7 [abstract] [full text]
- Pettersson EE. Rekola S. Berglund L. Sundqvist KG. Angelin B. Diczfalusy U. Bjorkhem I. Bergstrom J. Treatment of IgA nephropathy with omega-3-polyunsaturated fatty acids: a prospective, double-blind, randomized study. Clinical Nephrology 1994 41:183-90 [abstract]
- Donadio JV, Bergstralh EJ, Offord KP, Spencer DC, Holley KE for the Mayo Nephrology Collaborative Group A controlled trial of fish oil in IgA nephropathy. New England Journal of Medicine 1994; 331, 18, 1194-9 [abstract]
- Russo D, Minutolo R, Pisani A, Esposito R, Signoriello G, Andreucci M, Balletta MM. Coadministration of losartan and enalapril exerts additive antiproteinuric effect in IgA nephropathy. American Journal of Kidney Diseases 2001 Jul;38(1):18-25 [abstract]
- Woo KT, Lau YK, Wong KS, Chiang GS. ACEI/ATRA therapy decreases proteinuria by improving glomerular permselectivity in IgA nephritis. Kidney International 2000; 58: 2485-91 [abstract] [full text]
- Remuzzi A. Perico N. Sangalli F. Vendramin G. Moriggi M. Ruggenenti P. Remuzzi G. ACE inhibition and ANG II receptor blockade improve glomerular size-selectivity in IgA nephropathy. American Journal of Physiology 1999; 276:F457-66. [abstract] [full text]
- Maschio G. Cagnoli L. Claroni F. Fusaroli M. Rugiu C. Sanna G. Sasdelli M. Zuccala A. Zucchelli P. Title ACE inhibition reduces proteinuria in normotensive patients with IgA nephropathy: a multicentre, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Nephrology, Dialysis, Transplantation 1994, 9:265-9. [abstract]
- Lai KN. Lai FM. Li PK. Vallance-Owen J. Cyclosporin treatment of IgA nephropathy: a short term controlled trial. British Medical Journal 1987; 295: 1165-8 [abstract]
- Buemi M. Allegra A. Corica F. Aloisi C. Giacobbe M. Pettinato G. Corsonello A. Senatore M. Frisina N. Effect of fluvastatin on proteinuria in patients with immunoglobulin A nephropathy. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2000; 67:427-31. [abstract]
- Ballardie FW, Roberts IS. Controlled prospective trial of prednisolone and cytotoxics in progressive IgA nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002 Jan;13(1):142-8. [abstract] [full text]
- Yoshikawa N. Ito H. Sakai T. Takekoshi Y. Honda M. Awazu M. Ito K. Iitaka K. Koitabashi Y. Yamaoka K. Nakagawa K. Nakamura H. Matsuyama S. Seino Y. Takeda N. Hattori S. Ninomiya M. A controlled trial of combined therapy for newly diagnosed severe childhood IgA nephropathy. The Japanese Pediatric IgA Nephropathy Treatment Study Group. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 1999, 10; 101-9. [abstract] [full text]
- Perico N. Remuzzi A. Sangalli F. Azzollini N. Mister M. Ruggenenti P. Remuzzi G. The antiproteinuric effect of angiotensin antagonism in human IgA nephropathy is potentiated by indomethacin. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 1998; 9:2308-17, [abstract]Woo KT. Lee GS. Lau YK. Chiang GS. Lim CH. Effects of triple therapy in IgA nephritis: a follow-up study 5 years later. Clinical Nephrology 1991; 36:60-6 [abstract]
- Walker RG. Yu SH. Owen JE. Kincaid-Smith P. The treatment of mesangial IgA nephropathy with cyclophosphamide, dipyridamole and warfarin: a two-year prospective trial. Clinical Nephrology 1990; 34: 103-7 [abstract]
- Woo KT, Chiang GS, Yap HK, Lim CH. Controlled therapeutic trial of IgA nephritis with follow-up renal biopsies. Ann Acad Med Singapore 1988 Apr;17(2):226-31 [abstract]
- Xie Y, Nishi S, Ueno M, Imai N, Sakatsume M, Narita I, Suzuki Y, Akazawa K, Shimada H, Arakawa M, Gejyo F. The efficacy of tonsillectomy on long-term renal survival in patients with IgA nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2003 May;63(5):1861-1867. [abstract]
- Hotta O, Furuta T, Chiba S, Tomioka S, Taguma Y. Regression of IgA nephropathy: a repeat biopsy study. Am J Kidney Dis. 2002 Mar;39(3):493-502. [abstract]
- Furuta T, Hotta O, Horigome I, Chiba S, Noshiro H, Miyazaki M, Satoh M, Honda S, Taguma Y.
- Steroid pulse therapy combined with tonsillectomy in IgA nephropathy associated with diabetes mellitus. Nephron. 2001 Dec;89(4):398-401. [abstract]
- The following link provides a list of review on the treatment of IgA nephropathy.
- IGA Nephropathy Reviews
NIH Register of Trials
The National Institutes of Health (USA) maintains a register of randomised controlled trials in progress in the USA. Check their current listing of clinical trials in IgAN.