Research Centre: Pavia
Head of the Unit
|Antonio Dal Canton MD|
|Esposito Ciro, Fasoli Gianluca, Gregorini Marilena, Libetta Carmelo, Rampino Teresa, Sepe Vincenzo, Soccio Antonella.|
Research and Laboratory
|Cornacchia Flavia MD, Guidetti Cristina BSc, Maggio Milena MD, Parrilla Bina BSc, Quatela Michela BSc, Scudellaro Roberta BSc.|
|Full postal address||Hongo 2-1-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8421, Japan|
|Website of the unit||www.juntendo-jinzounaika.com|
IgAN RESEARCH INTERESTS
RESEARCH PROGRAMMESS AND PROJECTS LIST :
One-year angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition plus mycophenolate mofetil immunosuppression (AIM) in the course of early IgA nephropathy: A multicentre, randomised, controlled, study. Multicenter randomized, controlled trail for Ace-inhibition (ramipril) alone or ACE-inhibition plus mycophenolate mofetil in proteinuric (> 1 g/die) IgA nephropathy patients in either pediatric (6-17 years) and adult (18-65) age.
RESEARCH PROGRAMMESS AND PROJECTS LIST
• Th1/Th2 balance in patients with IgA nephropathy in treatment with mycophenolate mofetil.
• Role of MSP/Ron system in IgA nephropaty.
• Gene transcription induced by aberrantly glycosylated IgA in human
• mesangial cells. A cDNA microarray study.
• Effects of sera from IgA nephropathy patients on isolated glomeruli and cultured cells.
Fellows program: Specify if the Unit accepts from other Countries for:
Short(1-2 month) well focused trained programs either clinically or laboratory oriented: Yes
Long (at least 1 year) research fellowships: Yes
Specify corresponding availability of grants: Yes
Specify if the Unit may provide help for accommodation: No
Prerequisites for Fellowship
Language: Italian, English, Spanish
Work/Research experience: not required
Other prerequisites: none
CV evaluation: Yes
Publications in International Journals on IgA Nephropathy
- Libetta C, Rampino T, Palumbo G, Esposito C, Dal Canton A. Circulating serum lectins of patients with IgA nephropathy stimulate IL-6 release from mesangial cells. J Am Soc Nephrol 1997, 8:208-13. Pubmed Link
- Rampino T, Libetta C, Palumbo G, Memoli B, Dal Canton A. Interleukin-6 production induced in peripheral blood mononuclear cells by a serum factor from IgA nephropathy patients is inhibited in vitro by specific sugars. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 1994, 9:1560-3. Pubmed Link